Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So, this is a new past-time of ours. You can tell by my smile that it's not exactly a favorite past-time. For those of you that don't know, this is the infamous "non-stress test". It tells us how well Aaliyah tolerates contractions and how well she is doing the last 4 weeks of pregnancy (some babies just need to get out). I have to sit in this chair for half an hour every week while Justin stares at me. Yeah, pretty fun. This particular time the nurse didn't tie the monitors tight enough, so I had to hold them on in order for the machine to record Aaliyah's activity. You're probably thinking "that looks like a pretty comfortable chair though". You have obviously never been pregnant if you are thinking that. Squishy chairs, especially reclining, is probably THE most uncomfortable thing in the world. I'd rather sit on a concrete floor indian-style.




3 comments:

Somer said...

Whatever, you know you're having fun...:)

Jen and Sam said...

I didn't have to do that.Is everything ok? Did you like your gifts by the way. I'm sorry I wasn't able to come to the shower. I can't wait to see that sweet little girl, time has gone by so fast:)

Justin and Karli Love said...

Yeah, everything is fine. Most doctor's don't do it because they don't have the machines to do it with. My doctor likes to do it because you can catch a lot of problems that otherwise would go unnoticed. It's no fun though.