Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

So, on a particularly windy Friday night Somer and DJ invited us to go fly kites with them and the kids at a park in Rigby. This was my first experience with flying kites. Flying kites isn't a very popular past-time in Delaware because it's not windy very often and there's lots of trees everywhere. However, you do see lots of kites at the beach, but we never indulged. It was a lot of fun! I wished I would have gotten a picture of the playground though. They had a huge rock formation with slides built into it. Mia wouldn't let go of Somer, and Ian kept saying "You gonna come up this way with me, Karli?" So of course I couldn't refuse that! It must have been quite a sight, 2 pregnant ladies climbing around on the rock formations. Meanwhile, Justin entertained himself by swinging on the swings. His favorite thing to do is to tip his head back when he swings forward so that you get that butterfly feeling. I'm not sure if I should tell everyone this, but the other night he entertained himself for, no lie, 10 minutes by tipping his head off the end of the bed and sitting up quick (giving himself this sensation). He laughed like a little kid and then repeated several times. It was very entertaining to watch, I just wish I had documented it. Ok, this is the end of my novel, enjoy the pictures!


The boys were fixing Mia's fish kite because it wasn't flying for some reason. Justin is the master jimmy-rigger, so of course he figured out how to make it fly.





Here's some of everybody flying their kite. We had Thomas the Train and a fish. Justin was doing kite tricks with the fish. Who knew you could do tricks with a kite? I sure didn't.






















OK, so this is a totally random picture, but I thought it was hilarious. Justin and I were babysitting at our house and the kids wanted to watch a movie. Long story, but they ended up watching in our bedroom. As soon as we walked in they climbed up on the bed, bubble wrap and all, and got all tucked in to our bed and comfy. They are such characters.


1 comment:

Somer said...

Cute! I guess we should put a tv in our room? Nah, we'll just send them to your house...:)